|Title:||Sales Consultant - Winchester/Harrisonburg|
We are looking for a dynamic individual to fill the role of Sales Consultant - upper Shenandoah Valley of Virginia (Winchester - Harrisonburg area) for A.F. Wendling!
A Sales Consultant for AF Wendling develops relationships with current and potential customers in the upper Shenandoah Valley of Virginia (Winchester - Harrisonburg area). In a traveling role, our Sales Consultants play a key role in helping to us to grow our customer base through face-to-face selling to commercial prospects. A Sales Consultant manages all aspects of the business relationship between the company and its customers while striving to be a valued business partner. They are responsible for penetrating existing customers, acquiring and developing new customers while achieving sales and gross profit goals.
|MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Internet, Intranet and web-based applications
SALES CONSULTANT: PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Grow profitable sales through relationships built on trust, integrity, knowledge and consistency.
- Develop new business by identifying prospects using referrals, business and relationship networks and directories, "new" business" website lists, leads from company drivers or other personnel, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Assess customer needs and develop product mix and services to meet needs; evaluate market trends and recommend ideas to customers to achieve mutual success.
- Provide knowledgeable responses to customer questions, problems and provide solutions.
- Provide expertise/training to customer personnel where appropriate including menu and cost analysis, presentation of new items and promotions.
- Work with the Operations Department to create most effective & efficient delivery routing
- Actively participate in Corporate Sales Meetings, Food Shows & Broker Work-withs to increase product knowledge and acquire new tools to satisfy customers' needs.s
- Communicate with buyers to alert them to large orders, new items and follow through when special items are ordered to ensure complete sell-through.
- Collect accounts receivable as necessary, keep credits at or below norm, and communicate on a timely basis with A/R Manager.
- Gain market and competitive intelligence and product or service innovations to share with customers as a value-added selling approach.
- Perform administrative duties including developing sales budgets, maintaining customer records and coverage cycles, processing credits and pickup requests, and filing reports as required by management.
- Travel a majority of the time to clients within designated territory and occasionally outside of that boundary.
- Maintain a safe and operable vehicle that meets all state and insurance requirements.
- Report any traffic or driving incident to management as soon as possible.
- Follow all state and county driving laws and maintain less than 2 points on your driving record.
- Possess a valid State issued Driving License.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
A.F. Wendling's Mission & Values"
We are driven by our customers needs to go the extra mile for their success.