|MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid class A or B CDL
- Minimum 1 year over the road experience or 6 months food and beverage delivery experience
- Must have and maintain DOT physical
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations
- Must have basic math skills(add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- No more than two convictions in the past two years for traffic violations
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be in good physical condition to accommodate repetitive lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing and climbing.
- Must live within 45 min. travel time from Buckhannon,
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Maintain and foster a good relationship with the customer as a representative of A.F. Wendling Food Service
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a pre-determined route
- Unload products from trailer and place in designated customer storage areas
- Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures
- Collect money (cash or check) where required. Contact management for authorization concerning discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors and returns
- Maintain DOT logs as required throughout the day
- Preform pre-trip duties including, but not limited to checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, count items and check customer invoices of orders loaded, preform DOT pre-trip inspection on provided DVIR form.
- Preform post-trip duties including, but not limited to unload damaged goods or customer returns, complete necessary paperwork, turn in all collected funds, park and secure truck, complete DOT Post-trip inspection on provided DVIR form and turn in to company representative
- Coupling/Uncoupling – Must be able preform coupling/uncoupling of tractor and trailer
- Tire chains – Ability to apply tire chains independently as needed for weather conditions
- Adhere to a Schedule – Ability to understand and adhere to an assigned schedule
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time
We are driven by our customers needs to go the extra mile for their success.
We take care of our customers like a member of our family.
We work hard for our customers success because we care about their business.
We provide a personal touch that is the signature of A.F. Wendling.
We are always open to new ideas and the door to management is always open.
We are proud of our family of employees and their dedication to make a difference for our customers..... one at a time.