Job Summary: The primary function of this position is to foster and maintain a good relationship with customers as a representative of A.F. Wendling's Food Service.The Inside Sales/Customer Service role is responsible for providing a variety of services, solutions and support to existing customers, as well as sales reps. The candidate selected for this position will also provide relief for or cash and carry Market. The role is designed to Interact with and provide a personalized level of service to our customers.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Confer with customers by telephone, e-mail or onsite to provide information about products and services, to take or enter orders, and research customer inquiries.
- Performs consultative selling of products to meet customer needs. Reviews products benefits and specifications.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of orders, inquiries, concerns, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information related to customer’s concern to assess validity of concerns, determine possible causes, and make recommendations on potential solutions.
- Identify, research and resolve customer problems using various tools such as computer data base, product literature, and internal resources.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Contact customers to follow up on customer inquiries or to notify them of any planned resolutions to their concerns.
- Develop a working knowledge of accounts to maintain order frequency through phone and email contact with existing and potential customers.
- Build rapport and credibility among new customers, including traditional and non- traditional accounts.
- Utilize Target and Enterprise Cafe software with existing and future customers; maintain pertinent account details.
- Maintain a defined, high level of both daily and monthly business development activies
- Itemize and total purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; operating a cash register.
- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
- Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; making change for cash customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver's license number; operating credit card authorization system.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Provides pricing information by answering questions.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Any other task necessary as assigned by management
- One year of office support experience in a customer service role
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills- using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Basic math skills
- Professional phone manner
- Computer proficiency
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- HS diploma or equivalent
We are A.F. Wendling Foodservice
West Virginia's Largest Family-Owned Food Service Distributor
We help feed your success because we value strong, lasting partnerships
We value a personal approach to doing business, because every customer has unique needs.
We value the unique ideas of our employees and customers that help drive us to grow and innovate.
We understand the value of family, and care for our customers and employees like they’re one of our own.
We value the personal and professional growth of our employees and provide them with the tools to succeed.
We go the extra mile to feed your success
A.F. Wendling Foodservice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis protected under appropriate law. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.