Responsible for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities of an assigned work team by directing assigned Associates in the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of customer product in a manner consistent with service and cost objectives.
- Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance company standards
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Responsible for the cross communication between shifts.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Maintain a neat, and orderly work area; ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure Associates follow all safety policies and procedures. Thoroughly investigate and report all safety accidents and violations in a timely manner. Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Ensure proper food safety practices are maintained. (HACCP/PCQI)
- Direct the operations of the assigned work team to achieve predetermined objectives.
- Conduct shift meetings.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Maintain forklift certification.
- HS Diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree Preferred
- 3+ years supervisory or warehouse experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform the same work duties as those supervised
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
- Must be able to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes and respond appropriately to criticism from a manager.
- Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
- Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have very strong urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
The Duties of this position are typically performed under moderate supervision. Must be physically able to perform the Essential Functions of this role with or without reasonable accommodations.
We are driven by our customers needs to go the extra mile for their success.
Our ValuesWe take care of our customers like a member of our family.
We work hard for our customers success because we care about their business.
We provide a personal touch that is the signature of A.F. Wendling.
We are always open to new ideas and the door to management is always open.
We are proud of our family of employees and their dedication to make a difference for our customers..... one at a time. We are Wendling's............
West Virginia's Largest Family-Owned Food Service.