|Title:||Warehouse Worker (New pay rate)|
This position is responsible for the accurate receiving, storing and shipping of product to meet company standards for accuracy, safety, sanitation, security, and productivity. Must be able to work all shifts, in any company location, and on job assignments.
- Inbound Freight: Count all product, compare to manifest, and check all shipments for damage, product code dates, and infestation. Report shortages, damages, and missed shipments on appropriate forms. Sign for inbound shipments when necessary. Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to correct bins/storage locations, and efficiently stack & store merchandise.
- Order Picking: Ensure that the correct number and type of product is picked. Transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment. Tag, label, or mark orders as required. Pull orders for retail store when assigned.
- Outbound Freight: Compare quantity, labeling and address with order to ensure outgoing shipments are complete and correct. Accept signature for outbound as necessary. Efficiently move product into trailers/trucks.
- Equipment: Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Comply with company training standards and OSHA requirements & standards. Maintain equipment in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Report all damages and equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Inventory: Keep accurate records and reports. Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts. Ensure proper stock rotation and report any item not correctly binned. Move overstock to pick locations when necessary. Some data entry may be required to adjust inventory.
- Other Duties: Operate shrink wrap machine/apply shrink wrap to stabilize cases. Repack or re-box cases per customer instructions. Repair/recoup damage goods as required. Charge forklift batteries as needed; move pallets to storage locations; clean trailers or truck bays as requested. Remove snow, cut grass, sweep area, other tasks as needed by management or to maintain a clean, safe and productive environment
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Previous warehousing, distribution, or other work involving safe and effective movement of product, use of mechanized equipment, and record keeping to insure accuracy of work, is preferred. Experience with warehouse systems preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills: Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math (addition, subtraction, & multiplication) and write legibly. Problem-solving ability to think on your feet in a fast-paced environment.
- Special Requirements: Ability to be certified for forklift & reach truck operation required
Candidate must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time (at least 2 hours straight, four times in an 8-hour day). They must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis. In addition, warehouse staff must be able to use proper lifting techniques up to 100 lbs. It is also a requirement that a warehouse worker must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
Desired Qualifications Include:
Responsible work habits, be self-motivated, and pass any pre-employment tests.
Ability to handle stress and tight scheduling requirements in a busy warehouse facility
Ability to adapt to change and learn new skills & technology.
Pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
The Duties of this position are typically performed under moderate supervision. Must be physically able to perform the Essential Functions of this role with or without reasonable accommodations.
We are A.F. Wendling Foodservice
West Virginia's Largest Family-Owned Food Service Distributor
We help feed your success because we value strong, lasting partnerships
We value a personal approach to doing business, because every customer has unique needs.
We value the unique ideas of our employees and customers that help drive us to grow and innovate.
We understand the value of family, and care for our customers and employees like they’re one of our own.
We value the personal and professional growth of our employees and provide them with the tools to succeed.
We go the extra mile to feed your success
A.F. Wendling Foodservice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis protected under appropriate law. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.