A.F. Wendling Foodservice is seeking a Foodservice Broker whose primary job is to build relationships with distributors, operators, and chain accounts in the West Virginia market. Principal job function is to build relationships and sales growth with existing customers while finding new opportunities in the market.
Our ideal candidate will possess strong initiative, accountability, and is driven to succeed. Must enjoy working with people and be genuinely be interested in selling.
Knowledge of the food broker industry is a plus. Responsibilities to be inclusive of working to open new accounts and maintain existing business. This position requires you to be comfortable presenting to end users while working with Manufacturers. A fun environment in a company that is growing and wishes the candidate to grow with us.
What we are looking for:
- Maintains and develops customer relations for all new and established customers, assuring all existing clients are contacted regularly to ensure customers satisfaction and develop need-based marketing solutions
- Working knowledge of the industries products and knowledgeable on how to teach our customers about our brands
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, and electronically. You must feel comfortable speaking to individuals and groups.
- Strong organizational problem solving and analytical skills
- Attend trade shows, conventions, conference shows as needed; prepares post event reports and analysis
- Develops and implements a sales action plan with objectives and strategies to increase revenue and build upon business
- Computer proficient in Word/Excel/Outlook
Company vehicle is provided, as well as its maintenance and gas expenses.
We understand the value of family, and care for our customers and employees like they’re one of our own.
We help feed your success because we value strong, lasting partnerships
We value a personal approach to doing business, because every customer has unique needs.
We value the unique ideas of our employees and customers that help drive us to grow and innovate.
We value the personal and professional growth of our employees and provide them with the tools to succeed.
We go the extra mile to feed your success
A.F. Wendling’s Foodservice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis protected under appropriate law.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.